A yarn counter for table attachment, counts in 1 foot increments. It allows any ball winder to count wound thread or yarn up to 1000'. Integral clamp allows secure flexible positioning. There is a tension control. This counter is stated to be accurate with up to a 10% error by the manufacturer. We test ALL counters before they leave our shop with a length of Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn; the counters are typically 7% off -- SEE VIDEO of 14' length of Lily cotton being measured. Different types of yarn/fiber/material may register different and may not register the same as our test. This counter is not guaranteed to work with all yarn.
✅ 10% REFUNDS on the item price at https://yarnshop4u.patternbyetsy.com (The URL pops up with our linked domain as www.yarnshop4u.com - if you see it as www.etsy.com you are in the wrong shop)
♦ The direct link to get to THIS item at our Etsy pattern/domain shop for 10% is > www.yarnshop4u.com/listing/1023794891
♦ Need help? Ask BEFORE buying. NOTE: 10% refunds are NOT valid at our regular Etsy shop.
- Table-top mount
- Measures thread or yarn up to 1000 feet
- Model #M039
- Wood base may vary in color
- New in the retail box
- 10% error can occur due to tension of pulling/stretching yarn as it passes through the devise. Not all yarn will work well with this device; I do not recommend using it with bumpy yarn , yarn with a loose twist or bulky yarn.
- Due to the stated 10% error and varying user needs and unknown fibers being measured by each individual buyer, I do not recommend this product for professional use.
1. Mount to stable tabletop
2. loosen tension knob
3. Put lever in "off" position
4. Thread yarn through eyelets, through unit and through rear eyelet (the yarn must be small enough to fit down in the unit and under the pins that come out when you put it in "on" position.
5. Put lever in "on" position
6. Tighten tension knob while pulling yarn. When the unit begins counting you have the correct tension. Give the knob one more full turn
7. Pull yarn back to start position and reset the counter
SHOP KEEPERS NOTES: I haven't tried a bunch of different types of yarn. I use a 14' length of Lily cotton to check them for function and accuracy before they are shipped. Of course Lily cotton is not very stretchy but resilient so I use it over and over; I have measured the same length of Caron Simply Soft and it seemed to measure a couple inches more which I'm sure is due to the stretch; the dial isn't segmented into inches and only shows when the foot mark comes back around (see video). I don't recommend a yarn that is super stretchy like a loosely plied yarn nor anything bumpy like boulce yarn; this will not accommodate yarn thicker than what can fit under the pins when put into ON position. The manufacturer does disclose that the device is accurate with a possibility of a 10% error so I don't recommend it for professional use.
COLORS/DYE LOTS can appear different on your screen than ours; please inquire if there is a color concern. Most pictures are "stock photos" which have been enhanced to reflect what the product looks like; the item you receive will not be the exact item shown in the pictures. Yarn dye lots and the manufacturing of yarn will differ between dye lots; we try to match dye lots but it may not be possible. If matched dye lots is a must, please inquire before buying or at least leave us a message when buying so we can cancel if we don't have enough of one dye lot to fulfill your order.
OUR SHOP HAS NO PETS, NO SMOKE, NO FUNKY SMELLS; however, yarn products especially can have a chemical smell due to the dying process. Smells can be intensified by air-tight packaging and the environmental conditions including but limited to carrier smoking, hot/cold changes, and humidity within the transport vehicle. We also recycle cardboard boxes and bits and pieces of them for safe transit. Please keep this in mind if you are sensitive to smells or recycled cardboard.
ITEMS NOTED AS DESTASH or CLEARANCE are final sales and not eligible for refunds or returns. Please ask if you have a concern or question about a product before purchasing.
POLICIES: For more information please read our shop's FAQ. If you have a question or concern about an item or our shop policies, please ask before purchasing.
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
• Shipping address changes or needing to add items to a completed order may be cancelled due to the time to change and fees associated with multiple orders
• PROCESSING TIME is the time it takes BEFORE your item ships. I cannot do not guarantee the arrival by a certain date.
• DELAYS: Transit delays caused by a pandemic, weather, delivery routing, weekends and regional holidays do occur. International orders are subject to customs inspection delays.
• SLOW TRANSIT REFUNDS are not provided for shipping costs related to a delay in transit time; EXCEPT when Priority Express Shipping was purchased and the Post Office failed to meet their guarantee. Guarantees may be waived for severe weather. International Priority Shipping is NOT faster.
• ETA: This can be tough to predict for both US and international orders.
->> US orders usually arrive 2-5 delivery days after shipping. Things like a pandemic, weather, and postal routing changes including the closing of facilities have been known to create long transit delays upwards to 4 weeks or longer. Expect EXTRA long delays Nov/Dec and after Pandemic!
->> International orders arrival date can vary greatly as they must pass through customs inspections. For UK, CAN, AUS 8-12 days is about normal. All buyers may be subjected to their order taking from 10 days to 4 months to arrive. If you are not comfortable with a long delivery wait, do not order. Buyers in extremely remote areas must have a lot of patience. Countries may deny entry.
• PACKAGING: We mostly use plastic poly mailers to ship items. We recycle boxes, bits of cardboard, used Kraft paper, and bubble wrap/bubble mailers into packing materials. If you are sensitive to recycled materials let us know when ordering.
• RECEIPTS: A small receipt is with each order. "Gift Receipts" are less detailed and do not have the prices listed.
• REFUNDS are issued by Etsy. Order items NOT returned in 100% resale state will incur a restocking fee. Ask if Questions.
• COMBINING ORDERS/MULTIPLE ORDERS: Combined shipping is automatic when items are in the cart. We can cancel an order and you can "start over". Shipping refunds are not automatic; we will review via request only.
The item cost(s) only will be refunded upon return. The original shipping cost is non-refundable. Shipping costs to return items not wanted are not refundable. This applies to:
• UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED: If your order is returned because you moved or for an invalid or incorrect address
• BUYER REMORSE/CANCEL AFTER SHIPPED/REFUSED: If you change your mind about a shipped order, you can Refuse the delivery; once opened you can ship it back at your expense. Orders must be returned in the ORIGINAL condition - no exceptions.
• Packages that are not retrieved/unclaimed from Post Office, Refusal for VAT: orders returned for these reasons will be treated as REFUSED.
• CANCEL REQUESTS Absolutely must be sent via an Etsy message not an Email.
• LOST PACKAGES are those that never reach their destination and have the correct shipping address. You must open a case through Etsy.
• STOLEN PACKAGES/NOT RECEIVED - Sometimes tracking shows delivered but shows up a few days later. Contact USPS, police or home owners insurance for stolen packages. Etsy may refund you if you open a case.
• DAMAGED PACKAGES ((KEEP ALL PACKAGING!!)) and contact us immediately with details of the damage and a few photos of the damaged package/product. We can't file a damage claim without proof.
• LOCATION: The 3rd-floor home-based shop is proudly located in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
• WORKERS: Marlene & Dave - a wife & husband team!
• ENVIRONMENT: We do not have pets and no one ever smokes in my shop or home. We do not burn scented candles or generate other strong smells.
• SUPPLIES & HANDMADE GOOD: All supplies are new, "off-the-shelf" in manufacturer's retail condition. We am not the manufacturer; We cannot warranty items.
• PACKAGING: We often recycled corrugated boxes and stuffing (kraft paper, bubble wrap, cardboard) to keep your items safe when shipped. If you are sensitive to recycled packaging leave a message to let us know.
• IN PERSON PICK UP: Unfortunately, we do not do in person sales, we do not have a physical store, and we do not leave orders outside for pick up.
• US SHIPPING: We ship primarily via the US Postal Service (USPS) many west coast or heavy boxes will be shipped UPS mostly for reliability reasons. All orders have tracking included unless otherwise stated in the listing details. No shipment is guaranteed to arrive by specific date and the date you may see it literally an "Estimated" time of arrival. PLEASE message me if carrier preference is an issue!
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Non-US orders are shipped from the US via the US Postal Service (USPS) and final delivery is made by a secondary carrier contracted by the USPS.
• ADDITIONAL FEES: VAT fees, import fees, handling/processing fees and all other taxes, duties and fees associated with importing goods are the responsibility of the receiver. We do not and cannot collect or pay these fees and it is not included in the shipping price you paid. Fees are regulated by individual countries and are the buyer's responsibility. For any additional information, direct questions to your local customs agency before you make a purchase.
• MARKING AS A "GIFT": The price of the order cannot be hidden.
• DELAYS: Customs delays are not uncommon. We will not cheat you but you must be patient.
• REFUNDS will not be issued for items not picked up nor slow transit. Return shipping costs are deducted. Shipping is not refunded.
If you receive something that is damaged or defective/not working correctly, we may have to involve our supplier for bit items. We WILL get it straightened out; please be patient
1) Contact us ASAP; include photos
2) We submit your pics
3) In 3-4 days we'll know if they want the item back or not
-a) They DON'T want it back; we'll ship you a new one or refund
-b) They DO want it back. See process below
>> b1) In 2-3 days the supplier will send us a link to print a FedEx label and the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) paperwork which we will physically MAIL to you
>> b2) You must ship it within 20 days
>> b3) YOU MUST INCLUDE THE RMA paper that we send you
NOTE: Failure to include the RMA or return in 20 days means we cannot refund you
• DONATIONS: We sometimes donate yarn to 501(c)3 charitable organizations and local summer events for neighborhood kids. In general what we donate are leftover scraps and unused skeins; items that we would not sell in the shop.
• WHOLESALE: We do not sell wholesale; but can give better pricing at www.yarnshop4u.com - contact us for information about making bigger purchases for your handmade items in your Etsy shop!!
• BULK BUYS: We have some listings that are tagged as "bulk buy", please use our search box to find those. If it's in stock, a color substitution can be made (ie 6 pack of 50s Stripes for a 6 pack of Gentry Gray sock yarn). This is not an offer for mixed colors. Message us to inquire about a color swap for a bulk buy item!
Dec 10, 2022
Exactly what I was looking for at an excellent price point. No more counting yardage the hard way for my projects! Very fast shipping, thank you!
Nov 25, 2022
Worked as intended and as expected.
Oct 29, 2022
Sep 28, 2022
Super fast shipping. Thank you!
Aug 23, 2022