The Clover Curve Ruler Set is an essential set of rulers for pattern drafting and adjustments for garment sewing and fashion design. Used on arm holes, neck lines, hip lines and hems. The package contains one French curve, one hip curve and one mini ruler.
✅ 10% REFUNDS on the item price at https://yarnshop4u.patternbyetsy.com (The URL pops up with our linked domain as www.yarnshop4u.com - if you see it as www.etsy.com you are in the wrong shop)
♦ The direct link to get to THIS item at our Etsy pattern/domain shop for 10% is > www.yarnshop4u.com/listing/1337627448
♦ Need help? Ask BEFORE buying. NOTE: 10% refunds are NOT valid at our regular Etsy shop.
MANUFACTURER VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE0PfWrs5Wg
Curve Ruler - Art. No 7006 includes:
✅ French Curve – The French Curve is probably the most important curved ruler used for fashion design. A sweeping long curve is accentuated by accelerating angles at one end producing a very tight circular curve guide. The result is an infinite set of curves that can be used to connect any of our dots with a smooth, graceful line. The French curve is also conveniently marked to allow measurement of both lengths and seam allowances.
✅ Hip Curve – The hip line, hem line, side seams and other similar adjustments all require smooth, consistent sweeping curves. The Hip Curve is ideally suited for this application. A long sweeping curve tool marked with measurements for both length and seam allowances, this is the “go to” tool for those fine adjustments that will make the fit of our garment just perfect.
✅ Mini Ruler – Think of how often we need to check a measurement or a seam allowance. Just to be sure before we make it permanent. Sometimes our garment is even on our sewing machine and under the needle. But we just need a quick check to avoid having to use the seam ripper later. The Mini Ruler is the perfect tool. It’s small size, 1X6″, makes it easy to manipulate. Marked in both inches for length and fractions of an inch for seam allowances, it is accurate and easy to read for those quick measurements.
♥ FROM THE CLOVER BLOG:
WHAT IS IT?
All right, we’ve decided to do a little fashion sewing. We’ve visited our local shop and poured over the pattern catalogs or perhaps searched favorite sites on the internet. In either case we’ve found a pattern that’s just what we’re looking for. We’ve reviewed the instructions on the back of the pattern envelope and acquired all of the required notions as well as the correct yardage of that killer fabric that will really make our project pop. Keep in mind we’ll also want to make it something that we’ll really enjoy wearing. Something both fashionable and comfortable. So where do we start? We start with the pattern. Right out of the envelope it’s nothing more that large sheets of tightly folded pattern paper. We loosely cut the major sections apart to make them easy to manipulate and maybe even iron them to smooth away all of the folds (remember, no steam). Now we can easily identify the pattern lines and instructions. Chances are we purchased a pattern that suits several sizes. We’ll need to locate the size we need on the pattern and then precisely cut along those indicated lines to remove that section from the larger sheet of pattern paper. It’s important to realize though, that the pattern indicates general sizes that fit the average proportions for each size. But the truth is, no one is average. What that means to us is that while overall we might be a “medium”, some parts of us might be a little “extra-medium” while other parts of us might be more of a “slim-medium”. Okay, so how do we make those adjustments, the ones that will make our project look great and really fit well so we feel like a million bucks? It’s easy enough to make those measurements and mark them on our pattern. But how do we connect the dots? Let’s take it a step further. What if we want to change the neck line? How about arm holes? Perhaps we need to adjust a hip line or the hem line. How can we modify our pattern to satisfy our own personal measurements or perhaps enable our own creative design inclinations? Drum roll here please… And the answer is the Curve Ruler with Mini Ruler.
WHAT DOES IT DO?
Whether modifying a pattern or designing a completely new pattern, two things are essential. Aesthetics and function. It has to look good and it has to feel good. It’s easy to insert our own measurements onto a pattern or to sketch out an original. The trick is to gracefully connect the dots or smoothen our sketch marks to achieve our creative intent in an acceptable way. In short we need a guide. We have produced three, the French Curve, the Hip Curve and the Mini Ruler.
This Clover blog article was written By Steve Butler
- Ruler: PET
- Case: Polypropylene
COLORS/DYE LOTS can appear different on your screen than ours; please inquire if there is a color concern. Most pictures are "stock photos" which have been enhanced to reflect what the product looks like; the item you receive will not be the exact item shown in the pictures. Yarn dye lots and the manufacturing of yarn will differ between dye lots; we try to match dye lots but it may not be possible. If matched dye lots is a must, please inquire before buying or at least leave us a message when buying so we can cancel if we don't have enough of one dye lot to fulfill your order.
OUR SHOP HAS NO PETS, NO SMOKE, NO FUNKY SMELLS; however, yarn products especially can have a chemical smell due to the dying process. Smells can be intensified by air-tight packaging and the environmental conditions including but limited to carrier smoking, hot/cold changes, and humidity within the transport vehicle. We also recycle cardboard boxes and bits and pieces of them for safe transit. Please keep this in mind if you are sensitive to smells or recycled cardboard.
ITEMS NOTED AS DESTASH or CLEARANCE are final sales and not eligible for refunds or returns. Please ask if you have a concern or question about a product before purchasing.
POLICIES: For more information please read our shop's FAQ. If you have a question or concern about an item or our shop policies, please ask before purchasing.
1 business day
I'll do my best to meet these shipping estimates, but can't guarantee them. Actual delivery time will depend on the shipping method you choose.
Buyers are responsible for any customs and import taxes that may apply. I'm not responsible for delays due to customs.
Just contact me within: 7 days of delivery
Ship items back to me within: 14 days of delivery
Buyers are responsible for return shipping costs. If the item is not returned in its original condition, the buyer is responsible for any loss in value.
• Shipping address changes or needing to add items to a completed order may be cancelled due to the time to change and fees associated with multiple orders
• PROCESSING TIME is the time it takes BEFORE your item ships. I cannot do not guarantee the arrival by a certain date.
• DELAYS: Transit delays caused by a pandemic, weather, delivery routing, weekends and regional holidays do occur. International orders are subject to customs inspection delays.
• SLOW TRANSIT REFUNDS are not provided for shipping costs related to a delay in transit time; EXCEPT when Priority Express Shipping was purchased and the Post Office failed to meet their guarantee. Guarantees may be waived for severe weather. International Priority Shipping is NOT faster.
• ETA: This can be tough to predict for both US and international orders.
->> US orders usually arrive 2-5 delivery days after shipping. Things like a pandemic, weather, and postal routing changes including the closing of facilities have been known to create long transit delays upwards to 4 weeks or longer. Expect EXTRA long delays Nov/Dec and after Pandemic!
->> International orders arrival date can vary greatly as they must pass through customs inspections. For UK, CAN, AUS 8-12 days is about normal. All buyers may be subjected to their order taking from 10 days to 4 months to arrive. If you are not comfortable with a long delivery wait, do not order. Buyers in extremely remote areas must have a lot of patience. Countries may deny entry.
• PACKAGING: We mostly use plastic poly mailers to ship items. We recycle boxes, bits of cardboard, used Kraft paper, and bubble wrap/bubble mailers into packing materials. If you are sensitive to recycled materials let us know when ordering.
• RECEIPTS: A small receipt is with each order. "Gift Receipts" are less detailed and do not have the prices listed.
• REFUNDS are issued by Etsy. Order items NOT returned in 100% resale state will incur a restocking fee. Ask if Questions.
• COMBINING ORDERS/MULTIPLE ORDERS: Combined shipping is automatic when items are in the cart. We can cancel an order and you can "start over". Shipping refunds are not automatic; we will review via request only.
The item cost(s) only will be refunded upon return. The original shipping cost is non-refundable. Shipping costs to return items not wanted are not refundable. This applies to:
• UNDELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED: If your order is returned because you moved or for an invalid or incorrect address
• BUYER REMORSE/CANCEL AFTER SHIPPED/REFUSED: If you change your mind about a shipped order, you can Refuse the delivery; once opened you can ship it back at your expense. Orders must be returned in the ORIGINAL condition - no exceptions.
• Packages that are not retrieved/unclaimed from Post Office, Refusal for VAT: orders returned for these reasons will be treated as REFUSED.
• CANCEL REQUESTS Absolutely must be sent via an Etsy message not an Email.
• LOST PACKAGES are those that never reach their destination and have the correct shipping address. You must open a case through Etsy.
• STOLEN PACKAGES/NOT RECEIVED - Sometimes tracking shows delivered but shows up a few days later. Contact USPS, police or home owners insurance for stolen packages. Etsy may refund you if you open a case.
• DAMAGED PACKAGES ((KEEP ALL PACKAGING!!)) and contact us immediately with details of the damage and a few photos of the damaged package/product. We can't file a damage claim without proof.
• LOCATION: The 3rd-floor home-based shop is proudly located in Detroit, Michigan, USA.
• WORKERS: Marlene & Dave - a wife & husband team!
• ENVIRONMENT: We do not have pets and no one ever smokes in my shop or home. We do not burn scented candles or generate other strong smells.
• SUPPLIES & HANDMADE GOOD: All supplies are new, "off-the-shelf" in manufacturer's retail condition. We am not the manufacturer; We cannot warranty items.
• PACKAGING: We often recycled corrugated boxes and stuffing (kraft paper, bubble wrap, cardboard) to keep your items safe when shipped. If you are sensitive to recycled packaging leave a message to let us know.
• IN PERSON PICK UP: Unfortunately, we do not do in person sales, we do not have a physical store, and we do not leave orders outside for pick up.
• US SHIPPING: We ship primarily via the US Postal Service (USPS) many west coast or heavy boxes will be shipped UPS mostly for reliability reasons. All orders have tracking included unless otherwise stated in the listing details. No shipment is guaranteed to arrive by specific date and the date you may see it literally an "Estimated" time of arrival. PLEASE message me if carrier preference is an issue!
• INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING: Non-US orders are shipped from the US via the US Postal Service (USPS) and final delivery is made by a secondary carrier contracted by the USPS.
• ADDITIONAL FEES: VAT fees, import fees, handling/processing fees and all other taxes, duties and fees associated with importing goods are the responsibility of the receiver. We do not and cannot collect or pay these fees and it is not included in the shipping price you paid. Fees are regulated by individual countries and are the buyer's responsibility. For any additional information, direct questions to your local customs agency before you make a purchase.
• MARKING AS A "GIFT": The price of the order cannot be hidden.
• DELAYS: Customs delays are not uncommon. We will not cheat you but you must be patient.
• REFUNDS will not be issued for items not picked up nor slow transit. Return shipping costs are deducted. Shipping is not refunded.
If you receive something that is damaged or defective/not working correctly, we may have to involve our supplier for bit items. We WILL get it straightened out; please be patient
1) Contact us ASAP; include photos
2) We submit your pics
3) In 3-4 days we'll know if they want the item back or not
-a) They DON'T want it back; we'll ship you a new one or refund
-b) They DO want it back. See process below
>> b1) In 2-3 days the supplier will send us a link to print a FedEx label and the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) paperwork which we will physically MAIL to you
>> b2) You must ship it within 20 days
>> b3) YOU MUST INCLUDE THE RMA paper that we send you
NOTE: Failure to include the RMA or return in 20 days means we cannot refund you
• DONATIONS: We sometimes donate yarn to 501(c)3 charitable organizations and local summer events for neighborhood kids. In general what we donate are leftover scraps and unused skeins; items that we would not sell in the shop.
• WHOLESALE: We do not sell wholesale; but can give better pricing at www.yarnshop4u.com - contact us for information about making bigger purchases for your handmade items in your Etsy shop!!
• BULK BUYS: We have some listings that are tagged as "bulk buy", please use our search box to find those. If it's in stock, a color substitution can be made (ie 6 pack of 50s Stripes for a 6 pack of Gentry Gray sock yarn). This is not an offer for mixed colors. Message us to inquire about a color swap for a bulk buy item!